1. How do I apply for the CONVENE Hosted Buyer Programme?
The registration for the Hosted Buyer programme for CONVENE 2020 will be open from 1 September 2019.
2. What information do I need to provide on the Hosted Buyer application?
The Hosted Buyer application will take 15-20 minutes to complete. It will ask you to provide detailed information on your role in the meetings industry and within your company, types of business meetings and events that you organise. It will also ask you to provide detailed information on 2 past and 2 future events that you organise. The information on the application will be reviewed by the CONVENE team to determine if you meet the qualification requirements and buyer profile for the Hosted Buyer Programme.
3. What are the Qualifying Criteria?
In order to qualify for the CONVENE Hosted Buyer Programme your application will be reviewed against the following qualification criteria:
• The number and size of purchased meetings, events, incentives, conferences etc held annually
• Geographical representation
• Potential for future business in the Baltic Sea region meetings industry
4. What happens after I submit my application online?
Once your application is complete, it will be reviewed by our team. The information provided will be cross-checked and in many cases you will be contacted by phone for further verification. You will then be notified via email whether your application was successful or not.
5. What am I committed to as a Hosted Buyer?
The Terms and Conditions of the Hosted Buyer Program require Hosted Buyers to attend eight (8) Pre-Scheduled Appointments with exhibitors per day of attendance. Please read the Terms & Conditions and get acquainted with all essential details.
6. What is included in the Hosted Buyer Programme?
• Complimentary air travel to Vilnius from the designated European destinations plus all transfers including to and from the venue and to networking events.
• Complimentary accommodation in a CONVENE partner hotel in Vilnius including complimentary breakfast.
• Personalised online diary of appointments chosen by the buyer from the comprehensive range of the exhibitors consisting of key industry suppliers from Baltic Sea Region.
• A special Welcome reception for Hosted Buyers the night before the exhibition.
• Admission to the CONVENE ‘gala’ networking event being held in a historic venue in Vilnius UNESCO World Heritage Old Town.
• Access to the Hosted Buyer Lounge on the exhibition floor.
• Complimentary refreshments, buffet lunch and internet access.
• Post event familiarisation trips to Lithuania/ Baltic Sea Region.
• Assistance before and during the show from the dedicated CONVENE team.
7. What is not included in the Hosted Buyer Programme?
• Travel insurance
• Private transfers
• Hotels and flights upgrades
• Additional nights’ accommodation
• Personal expenses
8. If I am not selected into the Hosted Buyer Programme will I still be able to participate in the CONVENE?
Participants who are not accepted for the Hosted Buyer Programme will have the opportunity to attend CONVENE as a non-hosted visitor. There are no entrance fees for visitors.
9. What is a Pre-Scheduled Appointment and how are my appointments made?
A Pre-Scheduled Appointment is a face-to-face appointment between a buyer and an exhibitor that is scheduled in advance of the show. To make these appointments, you will be given access to the “Online diary” which is an online portal used to manage your schedule during CONVENE. About 6 weeks before the show, Hosted Buyers will log-on and search through a list of all the exhibitors and choose who they would like to arrange an appointment with.
10. Do I have to pre-schedule appointments in advance?
Yes, pre-scheduled appointments are a pre-requisite of attending CONVENE as a hosted buyer. We reserve the right to cancel people from the programme or charge a cancellation fee to any buyer who refuses to pre-schedule appointments.
11. What if I miss a pre-scheduled appointment?
Please visit that exhibitor at the earliest opportunity to re-arrange the appointment so that they do not list you as a ‘missed appointment’. If hosted buyers miss more than two of their pre-scheduled appointments we reserve the right to charge 500 EUR as per mentioned in the Terms and Conditions.
12. Is there a cancellation fee?
Cancellations received before 13 January 2020 will not incur a fee, unless flight details have already been confirmed.
Cancellations before 13 January 2020 when the flight details were already confirmed and the ticket was purchased will incur a fee equal to the price of the purchased ticket.
Cancellations received after 13 January 2020 will incur a cancellation fee of 500 EUR plus any cancellation charges incurred from confirmed itinerary arrangements such as flights and accommodation.
All cancellations must be received in writing by the Organiser via email (email@example.com) and must be acknowledged by CONVENE Hosted Buyer Manager to be effective.
13. How are travel and accommodation booked?
Once qualified, your travel and accommodation will be booked. If you have a specific request regarding travel or accommodation please contact the team immediately upon receiving your qualification acceptance email. Most tickets will be issued as e-tickets and will be sent to you by email at least 2 weeks prior to the show. If a paper ticket has to be issued, this will be posted by first class mail.
14. What should I do if I need to change my travel and/or accommodation arrangements?
Any travel related changes must be requested in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Changes are subject to availability and buyers are responsible for any additional costs incurred.
15. Who do I contact if I have any problems or questions before the show?
If you are travelling as part of a group, you should contact the Group Coordinator that has invited you. If you are travelling as an Individual, then please contact the Hosted Buyer Team at CONVENE on email@example.com.
16. How do I get to CONVENE from the airport?
On arrival in Vilnius you will be greeted by CONVENE staff who will direct you to the official CONVENE ground transportation. Dependent upon arrival date and time, you will either be transferred directly to the event venue or to your hotel.
17. What are the Hosted Buyer Team contact details?
Hosted Buyer Team Email (best way to reach us!) firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us +370 5 212 2599